Upcoming University Fairs
- Global Study UK would like to invite students and parents to the Education Fair featuring around 50 UK Universities. The Fair will take place on:
Wednesday, 16th October 15:00 – 18:00 at Helnan Landmark Hotel
Thursday, 17th October 16:00 – 19:00 at Sheraton Cairo Hotel
Friday 18th October 14:00 – 19:00 at Sheraton Cairo Hotel
This is a great opportunity for students to get first-hand information about courses, application process, entry requirements and much more.
- On Monday, October 21st, 8:30 till 11:00 am all grade 12 students will travel to the biggest University fair in town! The fair will provide an opportunity for students to interact with university representatives from over 100 institutions, learn about universities’ application process, and identify educational programs and resources available to Egyptian students. Al Alsson has extended this invitation to parents, who are most welcomed. Please enter at Gate 1.
- Tuesday November 5th, 8:30-10:00am: Edufair Canada in the MPR! Grades 10-12 welcome with priority for seniors and juniors to interact with representatives from top Canadian Universities.
- Tuesday November 19th, 1:45-3:00pm: Egyptian University fair in the MPR. Grades 10, 11 and 12 welcome. More information to follow.
Please come to these presentations with a list of prepared questions you may have. Have an idea of what programmes and countries you are interested in. Take notes. Some suggestions for questions you can ask are:
- Does your University offer the course I am interested in?
- Why should I apply to your University?
- How do you select applicants?
- What aspects do you look for in an application?
- What should I read to improve my personal statement?
- Is there an advantage to submitting my application early?
- Do you offer foundation year? International year 1? Direct entry? What are the differences?
- What bursaries/scholarships are available?
- What are the facilities like?
- Is the library open 24/7?
- What do you offer for international students?
- What is the diversity of the campus/city like?
- What are the job prospects like after graduation?
- Is there an opportunity to work in this country during school? After graduation?
- Is accommodation on campus guaranteed? How much do students typically pay in rent?
- What is the typical cost of living for this city?