- Elements of Art——–>Principles of Design Advanced Fine and Visual Art (12):
The Principles of Design are the ways that artists use the basic Elements of Art to create exciting/dynamic/unique/visually interesting compositions (artworks).
This takes what are the basics (7 Elements of Art), and helps us utilize them within a planed methodology, with ‘design’ rather than haphazardly and incompletely. Understanding, and utilizing the ...
- Introduction and Development (9 and 10) Art: Contour Line Unit Contour Line Unit
Essential questions we will answer together in this unit:
What is a contour line?
How can you learn to accurately redraw an object?
How can you use contour lines to add detail to a drawing?
GOALS: For students to…
Learn what a contour line is.
Practice paying attention to the outlines of objects when drawing them.
Learn to focus on ...
- Advanced Art (Grade 12) Finding our Visual Voice “A dream is not something that you wake up from, but something that wakes you up.”
We are starting our unit on COLLAGE, this will require us to explore identity, meaning and develop our ‘visual voices’ (which just means figuring out how we can make a statement through art)
Artist Exemplar: Romare Bearden
Born September 2, 1911
Died March ...
- REMINDER: Grade 9, 10 and 12 Remember, you need to bring in your hardcover book (and any materials you need for your ongoing, semester long VISUAL JOURNAL project) for each Thursday, as that will be when you have time to work on a new page inside of it!
Bring for Thursday:
-Materials for your work
- Engaging with the elements of art Line•value•colour•shape•form•space•texture
We have started to closely examine the basics of these fundamental elements of the art making process. These concepts will underlie what we do going forward. As we advance we will be seeing how these ideas become ever more malleable and how we can use these elements to develop a sophisticated and detailed language around ...
- Exploring the elements of art Hello,
By now all students should have signed into our class schoology accounts;
Grade 9: D84WW-B3272
Grade 10: 53XTX-H4W42
Grade 12: QXV95-8RPZX
We have worked on the idea of personalizing and individualizing our art. We have started using our sketchbooks as a place to first plan, then lay out and design our sketchbook covers, we have experimented with mixed media, ...
- Welcome to Heritage Fine and Visual Arts Program 2017/2018 Dear Parents/Guardians,
I am pleased and excited to welcome your child to art this year! I am looking forward to a busy, productive semester in my class, and getting to know your child is a priority to me. I want to help them achieve more in school as well as learn more about the world around ...